Thread: The Royals and Mr. Jones

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Royals The Royals and Mr. Jones

From sportsline:

The Royals have offered Twins free-agent outfielder Jacque Jones a $24 million, four-year contract, says the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
    Good move I guess...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    You guess? It's a great move for a shitty team like the Royals. I think the Cards will outbid now that Giles is signed but yeah I hope the Royals can do this or Sanders.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    that is just a sign of how F'N cheap carl Polad is! Why will polad continue to do nothing in free agency? Just shows a team like kc knows the value of Jones.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Mntwins, thanks to your sig, I no longer scroll only up and down..I now need to scroll left to right.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    You guess? It's a great move for a shitty team like the Royals. I think the Cards will outbid now that Giles is signed but yeah I hope the Royals can do this or Sanders.
    yea, I guess...because they're still gonna suck, so what difference does it make, right?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Sucking and being the worst team in baseball is different. The Reds sucked but the Royals were playing AA ball. Royals need to get some help wherever they can. i just want to see teams be competitive.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    What sucks is being the worst team in baseball and trading the best player you ever had in the outfield Carlos Beltran.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

All I hope for is improvement by the youngsters and a more competitive spirit. If Jones can help with that, then I hope he signs.

MLB ERA
    http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/13423054.htm

Only a corner outfielder remains on the Royals’ checklist for offseason moves, and they’re thought to be the leaders for former Twins outfielder Jacque Jones.
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/507/5785619.html

Twins General Manager Terry Ryan said if free-agent right fielder Jacque Jones decided to come back to the team, the club would not sign a designated hitter and would instead spread the DH duties around present members of the roster. Meanwhile, word is that the best offer Jones has is a two-year deal from Kansas City.
    hmmm, earlier it was reported they gave him a 4 year deal...