Thread: Latest on Alex Gordon?

Latest on Alex Gordon?

The way they were talking on the radio the other day it sounded as if he wasn't going to be a Royal, but I only caught the tail end of it. Anyone heard any news on him?

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    None at all. I'm disappointed that his agent is taking forever to get a deal done. I think he may have been better off returning to college for his senior year even though it wouldn't make any sense since he won basically every award last year.

Perhaps the Royals are waiting till after the season ends and start to get something going...?

I heard the guys on 810 am, I don't know if you get that up in Lincoln, and they basically said it'd be a done deal if it wasn't for the agent. It's getting frustrating, especially considering the overall state of the organization. We really need this guy.

AAA ERA
    They sure do. Even if he did come back for the '06 campaign, I don't think the Royals would want to take a risk of drafting him again for the 1st pick.

I want to see him play with the Royals since there's a reason why my local cable company decided to broadcast Royals games on FSN-to watch the hometown kid play.

I don't believe Gordon is actually face-to-face with his agent and the Royals organization. I heard he took a trip to Kansas City during the Labor Day holiday.

AAA ERA

I heard that on the radio today. What a relief. With all that's gone wrong with this franchise recently I was really sweating getting him signed.

AAA ERA
    I'm excited to see him play for the Royals. It was his dream to play with them since he was a little kid.

I'm hoping he'll move up to Omaha for a little bit so I can see him play then see him again in Kansas City.

I heard him on the radio yesterday and he seemed to be level headed. He talked a little bit on how he admired George Brett as a kid. I can't wait to see him in a Royals uniform.

AA ERA
    Yea, hope he's in Omaha for a little while atleast.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle