Thread: When will Alex Gordon sign with the Royals?

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA

When will Alex Gordon sign with the Royals?

It's been over two months since the Royals drafted Alex Gordon and he's yet to sign with the ballclub. I know there's plenty of time for him to make the major leagues, but its starting to get on my nerves since I'm a big fan of him and especially the Royals fanbase.

I don't think Gordon's a greedy athlete, its his agent that's making him pull a Terrell Owens. His agent is *guess who?* Scott Boras.

Gordo's such a great athlete and could help the Royals in their hitting category.

Yesterday on Baseball Tonight, Orestes Destrade talked about what the future lies in store for those small market teams and the Royals don't have that one player to build around. Gordon will be a start whenever he signs and I hope he'll sign on the dotted line soon.

The Royals need to get this done. Everything I hear and read about Gordan has me excited to see him in a Royals uniform. KC better not get cheap now that we have his rights. Maybe their scared of signing him and the first overall pick next year.

AA ERA
    Yea I'm a little confused on this. I would be stunned if he is back lol.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    There is a rule that says if the Royals don't sign Gordon before Fall classes start at NU August 22nd, then Gordon will be ineligble to sign with KC this year and will be put back into next year's draft.

I would be very surprised if he came back to play at Nebraska. Playing another year of college ball isn't going to help his bargaining power any. I don't think it's really that strange that he hasn't signed yet. If I'm not mistaken, the top pick in the draft hasn't signed yet either.

Well the clock is ticking and they better hurry up. All I know is if the Royals blow this one they may as well leave town because the backlash from an already pissed off fanbase will be too much for them.

As long as they get it done before the beginning of next year's minor league series, little harm is done. Signing him now simply lets him have a tiny bit of minor league rookie ball time, not a whole lot.

Although, if he hits the draft again and the Royals lose a local-esque prospect, they will lose even more support.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

As long as he becomes a Royal I'll be happy. He's the type of player we need and need to build around. I like the potential of some of our your players and pitchers and add a guy like Gordan and whoever we pick first overall next year and we could be on the right track.