Thread: Royals still seeking an outfielder

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Royals Royals still seeking an outfielder

Kansas City Star (registration required): "The Royals have virtually abandoned attempts to pry Kevin Mench from the Rangers or persuade the Reds to part with either Austin Kearns or Adam Dunn at a reasonable price. Their recent efforts shifted instead toward what Baird terms 'projection' prospects such as Jeremy Hermida of the Marlins and Felix Pie of the Cubs. Or Jonny Gomes of the Devil Rays."

Looking for young talent could be hard to go by after the deadline though. Not too many young OF should pass through waivers.

That's not a real problem for KC though, is it? Can't they just claim him off of waivers from an AL team at least having the worst record and then go from there? Or am I messed up on the post-deadling trading.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Thing is, I don't see a lot of AL teams trying to pass a young OF through waivers. But, you are right with KC being one of the first teams to be able to make a claim, it may work best for them if a team wants to trade a young OF. But KC is looking young and with pop. I am not sure any of those guys will be even thought about in a move.

I was referencing to Jonny Gomes, but for Gomes, the GM would want Kansas City, I mean the whole city.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    HaHa. You are probably right. No way Gomes goes to KC without a major development in GM miracle making. I wonder who KC is really seeking right now.

AA ERA
    Pie!?!? HAHAHAHA. Fat chance. He's gonna be in CF in front of the ivy fairly soon if Patterson doesn't step up next year.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle