Thread: Who is rumored?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Royals Who is rumored?

For the Royals, it is Sweeney and Affeldt.

Sweeney to the Angels?
    The Angels seem more interested in Sweeney than Piazza or Nevin. That could come as a surprise to most of us, but could end up becoming good news for Royals fans. The Royals do not want to pay big money for Sweeney any longer, so they are inclined to make a deal. Meanwhile, Angels' Arte Moreno has stated that money is not an issue.

The Royals have asked for Shields, Figgins, and Mathis in this deal and the Angels have not liked that deal at all. Will this deal go down?

Affeldt to the Marlins?

Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel: "Young Royals relievers Mike MacDougal, Jeremy Affeldt, Andrew Sisco and Ambiorx Burgos are still on the Marlins' radar as well, but the Marlins are waiting for the asking price to drop... There were indications the Marlins had tried to involve the Royals in a three-way deal with the White Sox, most likely involving Burnett."

The Royals are insisting on a young corner outfielder with power potential, but the Marlins have deemed Double-A outfielder Jeremy Hermida off limits.

The Royals have asked for Double-A right-hander Yorman Bazardo in the past, and they could have interest in a young White Sox outfield prospect such as Brian Anderson or Ryan Sweeney.
    Will this deal go down?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...orts-headlines

Eh. I would have liked MacDougal or Affeldt to the Braves for a guy like Brayan Pena.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Well looks like neither of these guys have been moved. I bet they will be available in the offseason though. Add MacDougal to that list as well.

And Allard Baird showed you how to drop the ball.

Seriously, not in contention, a few old but helpful players, and you keep them? At least move a guy like Stairs, there have to be teams that could use a good backup OF for a prospect or two.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Stairs doesn't get moved because it's doubtful you get anything major for him and then you bring up Justin Huber and then you use up one year before he becomes a free agent. I'm not saying this as fact, but it's a theory. But if Huber would lose a year by coming up permanently right now, then I guarentee that was considered. Besides, Stairs is a fan favorite.