Thread: Brian Anderson's blog

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA

Brian Anderson's blog

First of all, I wanted to let everyone know that I’m still doing the blog. I know I haven’t posted in awhile, but I’ve actually been busy pretending to be a Major League Baseball player this past week.

This last week I threw a simulated game in Minnesota. Even though it was just a simulated game before batting practice, I was actually nervous about it and had butterflies. After all, I haven’t faced a batter in six or seven weeks.

For those of you that don’t know, a simulated game is basically just a chance to face some live batters. You get some of your teammates in there that want to get some extra at bats and you go at them like a regular game. You have a catcher calling pitches, pitching coach working as the umpire and front office officials checking things out. By the way, pitching coach Guy Hansen calls a better game that some umpires we’ve seen recently and has been WAY more consistent.

But it went very well and I’ll be pitching in Wichita on Monday, July 4 in a rehab game. Hopefully, I’ll be back shortly after the All-Star Break.

As a team, the last couple of weeks have been somewhat of a struggle, but there is still a different feel around the club. Even though we are losing games, it’s not the same way we were losing games before. I know guys are still excited and up on the bench, shouting encouragement to their teammates and showing a lot of life. We’ve just run into some top of the line pitching that has been at the top of their game. But I think it’s just a bump in the road and hopefully we’ll get back on a winning path.
    Click for the rest
    ____

I know Anderson is a huge Nebraska football fan and he talks about the team every now and then. I enjoy any athlete who talks about a different sport other than their own.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    This is pretty cool man. I love reading what baseball players actually have going on and what their thoughts are. Does he update his blog regularly?

It's nice to see a player responding to the fans. More players should take up something of this nature.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    It's nice to see a player responding to the fans. More players should take up something of this nature.
    I agree. I think it would be so awesome to have someone like Sean Casey write about his feelings on how the Reds are doing. And what he enjoys about the game. And an interesting conversation he had with Bagwell at 1B. Stuff like that would be great for any team.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    This is pretty cool man. I love reading what baseball players actually have going on and what their thoughts are. Does he update his blog regularly?
    This is the first time I've read his blog. He should update it every now and then.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Cool. Should be good to see what Brian Anderson writes about. I am looking forward to this.

Nice to see a baseball player take some time and write a blog to his fans. It's always great to see a good headed player in the league.

I like Brian Andersen. He's a stand up guy and will tell you how it is.