Thread: Bloomquist Signs Two Year Deal

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Royals Bloomquist Signs Two Year Deal

The Royals and Willie Bloomquist have reportedly come to terms on a two-year deal.
    Typical. A real second baseman could have helped the Royals, but the team certainly doesn't need Bloomquist competing for the position and it can't be trusted to use the 31-year-old in the only role he's suited for, that of a 25th man. This would seem to mean that Esteban German, a superior hitter but weaker fielder, no longer fits in.
    What a stupid signing for the Royals! They are letting Grudz go for Willie ****ing Bloomquist? I can bunt for more power than this guy. The Royals had a real shot of putting a good team together this season. I know I am in the minority but I think Mike Jacobs' power will help this team and Coco Crisp was a nice addition. Then they go spend too much on Farnsworth and now sign Bloomquist and screw their progress up.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Bloomquist Signs Two Year Deal

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    What a stupid signing for the Royals! They are letting Grudz go for Willie ****ing Bloomquist? I can bunt for more power than this guy. The Royals had a real shot of putting a good team together this season. I know I am in the minority but I think Mike Jacobs' power will help this team and Coco Crisp was a nice addition. Then they go spend too much on Farnsworth and now sign Bloomquist and screw their progress up.
    Scott Boras was his agent. That man truly jesus.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)