Thread: Boxscore: Royals-Tigers

Boxscore: Royals-Tigers

Yahoo Sports!: Royals-Tigers

Lima pitched just horrible this game. I'm surprised, thought he would pitch better.

I did too. It wasn't pretty at all today and I'm sure we'll have plenty more games like this one. I'm still excited about the team though. I don't expect to win the division or anything, but they are young, hard working, and they hustle. I'm looking forward to watching all the youngsters grow as big league players.

For sure, this is a great team. Berroa, MacDougal, Harvey, etc. Lot of talented good players on this team. I think with some more additions in the upcoming offseasons, this team could definitely contend to be in the top of the AL Central.

Plus I really like DeJesus and Buck. Both of whom really improved in the second half last year. Mark Teahan, who is considered the prize in the Beltran deal, will have some growing pains, but he looks like he could someday be a solid player as well. Even Gotay looks like he could be around a while. What really gets me excited is all the young pitchers we have with Greinke, Bautista, Hernandez, MacDougal, Mike Wood, Affeldt and that Cisco kid we got from the Cubs. That's not even including guys like Kyle Snyder and Jimmy Gobble who went to Omaha. There is a lot of youngsters and most likely they won't all pan out, but at least I see signs of hope. They just got to take some lumps first. Speaking of Ken Harvey, he didn't even make the big club. Hopefully that wakes him up where he starts to improve.

I saw that. Ken Harvey, most likely, won't be down there for long. He's a great player, and one of the players I always like to watch when I see the Royals playing. I'm not even a Royals diehard fan, but they are an exciting team to watch. I'm in that area, so I see a lot of their games.

I still like Harvey too. I think he was one that thought that he had success therefore he was safe. The Royals used him as an example, showing him and anyone else that you still have to earn your job. Plus Calvin Pickering really played well and he has a lot more power. If Sweeney stays healthy I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him get traded. We have a lot of first baseman plus I think one of our top minor leaguers plays first.