Thread: Royals sign Farnsworth

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Free Agent Royals sign Farnsworth

With many teams looking for bullpen help, veteran right-hander Kyle Farnsworth landed on his feet on Wednesday.

A source with knowledge of the negotiations told ESPN's Steve Phillips that Farnsworth has agreed to a two-year, $9.25 million deal with the Kansas City Royals, pending the results of a physical.

The 32-year-old began last season with the Yankees but was traded at the deadline to the Detroit Tigers in the deal that brought catcher Ivan Rodriguez to the Bronx.

In 10 seasons and for four teams, Farnsworth has posted a 30-48 record with a 4.47 ERA. Primarily used as a set-up man in his career, Farnsworth moved between roles with the Yankees last season but managed a 3.65 ERA in 45 games. He struggled with the Tigers, posting a 6.75 ERA in 16 games.
    I was really close to making the thread title "Royals throw away $9.25 million." But who knows, Farnsworth's been good with crappy teams before.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Royals sign Farnsworth

What an absolute ****ing disaster of a move by the Royals!!! They just traded Leo Nunez and Ramon Ramirez who are a lot better than Farnsworth and now pay out the ass to get him. Bobby Howry only cost $2.75 million! Affeldt was only $4 million! And this is coming from Dayton Moore who said he doesn't like putting a lot of money in middle relief!!! ****ing awful move!!

One game and Farnsworth is already on the shit list.

We Yankee fans warned you about Farnsworthless.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I take back trying to defend him.

MLB ERA

He did pretty decent with the Braves in 2005. 1.98 ERA in 26 games. 10 saves in 10 opportunities.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    I take back trying to defend him.
    Good boy

Juan Cruz looked great tonight.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

So did Greinke.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Kyle Farnsworth gave up three runs in one-third of an inning out of the pen to take a loss to the Indians on Wednesday.
    Two years and $9.25 million. Farnsworth already has two losses and has given up six runs in 3 1/3 innings.
    And people actually argued with me over Farnsworth stuff and how good he was This was just an awful signing and I'm sure they realized it after how cheaply they got Cruz.