Thread: Cuckoo For Coco Crisp?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Royals Cuckoo For Coco Crisp?

Sports Radio 810 WHB in Kansas City reports that the Red Sox have traded Coco Crisp to the Royals in exchange for Ramon Ramirez.
    Former Royals outfielder Brian McRae broke the story, which hasn't been confirmed elsewhere. Ramirez had an excellent rookie year for the Rockies in 2006 before struggling in 2007, but bounced back following a trade to the Royals last season, posting a 2.64 ERA and 70/31 K/BB ratio in 71 2/3 innings. Dealing for Crisp would leave the Royals with a very crowded outfield and could indicate that the team is on the verge of dealing Mark Teahen or David DeJesus

Crisp provides a good OBP compared to the rest of the Royals lineup and plays good defense. Teahen has been rumored to have the Cubs interest as a part time RFer with Fukudome. DeJesus probably has more trade value so I could see him leaving too. McRae being wrong is also a good possibility. Red Sox did well to clear of salary and space in the OF and getting a project reliever. Hard to say if it is a good deal until we know who else is traded but I think the Royals did good.

MLB ERA

Re: Cuckoo For Coco Crisp?

I think this is a win-win for both teams, the Sox had the depth in the OF, and KC had the extra arm to give.

Indicates Teahen to the Cubs is almost done
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I wouldn't say the Royals had an extra arm to give. They just lost Nunez to the Marlins but I do think it is a win-win. Crisp is a better all around player than Joey Gathright.

MLB ERA

The Royals have to find ABs for 5 outfielders now. I like the move from the Red Sox perspective, but the Royals have a log-jam in the outfield now. I expect them to make another few moves this winter.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon