Thread: Teahen To The Indians?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Royals Teahen To The Indians?

The Royals and Indians are discussing a deal that would send Mark Teahen to Cleveland for Franklin Gutierrez, Ben Francisco or Trevor Crowe.
    We're surprised that the Indians would opt to settle for Teahen at third base when he's put up OPSs of 763 and 715 the last two years. And it's not like his triple crown stats are any better. He's also average at best defensively. The Indians can afford to spare an outfielder, but if they're going to bother trading for a third baseman rather than move Johnny Peralta to the position, they should attempt to do better.
    I am 100% positive the Royals would give up Teahen for Francisco in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I don't the Indians will do that deal. Teahen has been playing the OF for the past two seasons so the Indians can definitely do better at third base. Indians are probably better off bring Casey Blake back for a couple more seasons. It is clear the Indians are tired of waiting for Marte to come around. What a bust he has become! It will be interesting to see what they do since they are in the same division. I just hope the Indians are smart about it.

MLB ERA

Re: Teahen To The Indians?

That would be a great deal for the Royals, but a terrible one for the Indians. There was a time I wanted to see Teahen in a Twins' uniform, but I don't think so anymore, unless the price is right. Fransisco and Gutierrez are too much to give for him. I must admit that I don't know enough about Crowe to make a judgement on a deal for Teahen, but I think the Indians can do better at 3B than Teahen.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Rookie ERA

This is incredibly disheartening. We've got you outfield talent that could potentially net an established 3rd baseman and all we can come up with is Mark Teahen? You're absolutely right about Andy Marte, he is not capable of playing an entire season in the bigs, and I never thought I'd say this, but bringing Casey Blake back might not be such a bad idea. ESPECIALLY when you consider the alternative at 3rd base is Mark Teahen.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I too thought the Indians should bring back Blake on a two year deal since the crop of free agent third baseman is weak.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Royals GM Dayton Moore said there's no truth to the rumor that he's discussed a Mark Teahen deal with the Indians.
    The Kansas City Star reported that the deal could have sent Franklin Gutierrez, Ben Francisco or Trevor Crowe to the Royals. "Not only have I not been discussing it," Moore said, "but it's a flat-out lie, and you can print that."
    I guess that kills this rumor.