Thread: Congrats to the Royals!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Royals Congrats to the Royals!

Congrats to the Royals for not finishing dead last for the fifth straight year!! The Royals broke the streak by having a great September in which they did not quit and with that gained my respect. The Royals were 18-8 in September and had great starting pitching. Greinke, Meche and Kyle Davies each went 4-1. The Royals helped play spoiler for the Twins and ChiSox. Ryan Shealy had a monster September also hitting .301 with 7 HRs and 20 RBI. Looks like Shealy finally lived up to the hype. The Tigers, who were predicited to score over 1000 runs, had the misfortune of being in last place. Royals have some holes but I like where this team is going. If Shealy can maintain his Spetember production, he should have first base locked up next year. A full year of Aviles will help too. Soria is just lights out at the end of the game and gets no love. Bannister fell to shit after a great start to the season. I think he can bounce back though. Royals need to find an OFer, a catcher and a back-end starter. Hopefully they can get 2 of 3. Royals are on the right track and Hillman seems like a good man. Congrats again to the Royals and hopefully they can keep climbing the ladder.

MLB ERA

Re: Congrats to the Royals!

I like the looks of the young players on the team. Gordon, Teahan, Callaspo, Aviles, etal should be good next season. They have several guys in their minor leagues that should help soon.
    The Royals are moving in the right direction.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah definately congrats to the Royals. Normally one would think that a series against the Royals would be an easy win, but I don't think that it'll be like that for long (or in the A's case, it hasn't been that way all season). They've got a great young lineup and a great closer. The only thing holding them down that I can see is their rotation.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

If anybody saw the Royals being better than the Tigers...wow
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.