Thread: Royals optimistic

Royals optimistic

MLB.com: Royals think they are better than last year

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Spring Training is over.

The Royals, with two exhibition games remaining in Houston, left their Surprise, Ariz. complex with 12-15-3 record, a younger-than-expected starting lineup and the cautious optimism of a club that lost 104 games last season.

"There's no question this ballclub will be better," manager Tony Pena said. "I like this ballclub better than what we had last year.

AA ERA
    I'm not sure I like them better because I blacked out last year. I think we could have a good year but 0-162 wouldn't surprise me lol.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

LOL. They'll do ok. I do predict them to get last in AL Central.

I really think they can win 70-75 games. Maybe even make a run at .500 IF the pitching stays healthy and the young guys can take the downs with the ups. Remember, I did say "maybe."

But as bad as their record most likely will be, I'm very excited for this team. Mainly because of all the youngsters we have, whom all have such tremendous potential. A lot of Royal fans are already ready to give up, but I look forward to watching this team mature together and hopefully be a serious contender in a few years.