Thread: Nomo Sighting

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nomo Sighting

Royals signed RHP Hideo Nomo to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.

"He’s a pitcher who’s had a lot of success," Moore said. "He’s somebody we’re going to give an opportunity to compete for a job in spring training." After a month off, the 39-year-old Nomo gave up three earned runs and six hits over six innings in his last two appearances of the Venezuelan Winter League. Overall, he has a 6.59 ERA and a 7/7 K/BB ratio in 13 2/3 innings as he tries to work his way back from elbow surgery. He'll be a big long shot to make the team.
    Why not? This new manager Hillman is familiar with Japanese players and it never hurts to have too much pitching. Nomo's last good season was in '03 where he went 16-13 with a 3.09 ERA. At least he is a name.

MLB ERA

Re: Nomo Sighting

I agree. If Nomo has anything left, he could help the Royals. If not, they'll find out soon enough and this gamble won't have cost them much.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Not worth it. He's done. Stick a fork in this man.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Is a Nomo sighting like a UFO, Big Foot, Lochness Monster sightings? hahaha...

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Not worth it. He's done. Stick a fork in this man.
    If he doesn't have anything left, it'll show up in spring training and the gamble will not have cost much, especially if he goes to Omaha to teach the kids what being a major leaguer is all about.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

I don't expect much out of this move but you never know.