Thread: Royals Want Hunter

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Royals Want Hunter

The Royals hope to be included among the teams that Torii Hunter seriously considers in free agency.
    The Royals have talked with Hunter's agent and were assured that they'd get a chance to make a bid. Still, Jose Guillen is a more realistic target for Kansas City, even if the team makes a legitimate offer for Hunter. The club is likely on its way to being competitive, but it still doesn't match up as a preferred destination for free agents.
    Why not go nuts KC? Hunter in CF helps in every way. They just got rid of Sweeney's contract so why not make a splash and sign a good marquee player? He helps the defense by playing CF and moving DeJesus to LF which makes the pitching better. The Royals only power sources were Buck and Gordon. Hunter loves the youthful atmosphere. I'm sure he wants to win a WS soon but the Royals could have something in the coming years. I root for these lousy teams to start spending and contending. The Royals have some starting pitching now and a steady closer and now just need some offense. Guillen wouldn't hurt but he's no Hunter. I still can't believe they traded Dotel for Davies. Make me the Royals GM!!!

MLB ERA

Re: Royals Want Hunter

Torii Hunter makes any team better because of the way he plays CF and hits. If the Royals decide to improve their team in this way, I'll make a couple more trips a year to watch them play.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

With DeJesus in center and cheap, it wouldn't make too much sense to sign Hunter and force DeJesus into a corner. The Royals should be looking for more out of their corner bats, and DeJesus's bat just isn't at great out there.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

What corner bats? They have none.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

so much that... Did anyone really think Hunter was going to KC?

They need to continue to develop like my Brewers did and prove to FA's that KC is a place to play. Just my thought on that.