Thread: Teahen at first as Shealy slumps

Royals Teahen at first as Shealy slumps

Mark Teahen made his first professional start Sunday at first base, but it could quickly evolve into a regular assignment. The Royals are overloaded with outfielders, and first baseman Ryan Shealy has done little to merit regular playing time.“I guess it’s just like playing third base except on the other side of the diamond,” Teahen said. “It’s not all that different. I’ve worked over there for a few days, taking ground balls.
    “If that’s where I need to be, it’s where I need to be.”
    Teahen’s 69 previous starts this year were in right field after playing solely at third base in 2005 and 2006. He switched this spring to the outfield to accommodate the arrival of rookie third baseman Alex Gordon.

www.kansascity.com | 06/24/2007 | Teahen at first as Shealy slumps

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Teahen at first as Shealy slumps

Shealy has been a disappointment as I had high hopes for him in KC. Hopefully he can rebound and start hitting for power like he can.

Turn 2

There is another post in the Royals thread stating that Butler will become the fulltime DH, does this mean that Sweeney will move to first or is he still injured?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

He should be back on the roster because he was due to come back this weekend.

Turn 2

Then I guess he will be there fulltime 1B with Butler moving to Fulltime DH and Teahan moving back to RF. It is too hard to keep a bat like Sweeney's out of the everyday lineup.

Butler has been playing first lately. I haven't had any time to listen to much radio but it sounds like that could be an ongoing project which could mean the end of Shealy.