Thread: The Future Homers

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Future Homers

Alex Gordon got the first one out of the way by hitting a 2-run shot in the sixth inning in the Royals win. Gordon is still hitting .077 but to get the first one out of the way has to help this kid relax. Plus the win has to help a little too.

On another note, Pena went 2-4 with a RBI and a stolen base. This kid is impressing early because he wants to stay at SS for the rest of the year. He is playing good defense and making things happen.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: The Future Homers

Great to see the young guns playing well for the Royals. I hope Gordon breaks out of that funk and shows us what he can really do.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA

I think the entire city of Lincoln was cheering for Gordon last night. That homerun was a monster. And his swing...it doesn't get any better than that.

I hope the Royals let Gordon play through his slump, but I wonder how long they will let him struggle the way he has. He's actually looked good at most at bats, but obviously he has been a tad off. Then again, other than Buck and Dejesus all the Royal hitters have.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: The Future Homers

I firmly believe that the Royals will allow Gordon to play through his growing pains. Do they really have any other choice? Not trying to be out of line here, but they may as well let him gain valuable experience and the organization needs to remain patient.

He seems to be slowly coming out of it. I wouldn't be surprised though if he got sent down to Omaha if he continues to really struggle. It worked wonders for DeJesus and Teahan in previous years. Then again with the status Gordon has as a future star, they may not want to do that to him.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Sometimes these teams want instant success and positive results. And I am as guilty as these front office people. It is difficult to endure, I have been enduring it as a Brewer fan for many more years than Royals fans and I understand the desire for wanting to see not only quality players on our rosters, but a winning atmosphere and winning results. These small market teams need to remain patient and stick to their philosophy. Slowly, but surely, the gap is closing between the big and small market teams. See Florida Marlins in recent years.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

you can add the Minnesota Twins to the list as well. We NEVER spend to get the big time player we need. Somehow some way we work the minor deal that makes us look great. Santana, Liriano, Nathan just to name three players we recieved. AJ Pierzenski was the greatest twins deal of all time. Thanks you Giants!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

wow, I didn't realize the Twins got all of that from the Giants for A.J. I guess Thank You very much!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    Sometimes these teams want instant success and positive results. And I am as guilty as these front office people. It is difficult to endure, I have been enduring it as a Brewer fan for many more years than Royals fans and I understand the desire for wanting to see not only quality players on our rosters, but a winning atmosphere and winning results. These small market teams need to remain patient and stick to their philosophy. Slowly, but surely, the gap is closing between the big and small market teams. See Florida Marlins in recent years.

I agree with you on this. The good thing about new Royals GM Dayton Moore is he doesn't want to rush players up to KC like the previous regime did. Gordon earned his spot, but the plan up until spring training was for him to go to AAA Omaha. He's playing better now which is good news for KC.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Thanks for agreeing with me, I will be sending you some rep. points for that. Us, fans of small market teams need to stick together.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Santana wasn't involved in the Pierzynski trade. It was Nathan, Liriano and Boof Bonzer. It was a great deal for the Twins.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

That would have been scary if Santana was involved.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

shew, that makes me feel a little better than. I was wondering why the Giants would have given up all 3 of them, but 2 of them is bad enough too!! Sorry again, Giants fans. They sure would look nice in your uniforms right now huh.