Thread: Go Royals!!

Royals Go Royals!!

I hadn't dropped by in a long while so I though I'd check in. I'm looking forward to the new season and seeing Alex Gordon in a Royals uniform. Should be a great baseball season, hopefully the Royals take some forward strides this year.

MLB ERA
    Welcome back! I'm thinking of taking a roadie with the A's this year and was wondering if anybody in here has ever been to Royals Stadium? I've heard that it's very nice including the fans.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Shealy, Gordon and possibly Butler sometime in the season will be a nice sight to see. I hope the Royals can trade Sanders for something so Brown gets most of the PT.

Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard View Post
    Welcome back! I'm thinking of taking a roadie with the A's this year and was wondering if anybody in here has ever been to Royals Stadium? I've heard that it's very nice including the fans.

You should enjoy Royals Stadium, or "The K" as they call it now. They are going to start renovations soon, I think after this season, so it'll be better in the future. I've watched many games there over the years and it is a relaxing atmosphere with the fountains, big scoreboard, and fireworks at night. The place is pretty laid back for the most part, but of course there are always a few idiots around so hopefully you avoid them. The place can rock though when the Royals are playing well. Hopefully those days come back soon on a consistant basis.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Shealy, Gordon and possibly Butler sometime in the season will be a nice sight to see. I hope the Royals can trade Sanders for something so Brown gets most of the PT.
    I hope they can trade Sanders too. But it does sound like the plan is to start Brown either way. There is even talk of Sweeney getting traded if he gets off to a good start, though I'm sure his back will act up at some time.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Killah Sith View Post
    The place can rock though when the Royals are playing well. Hopefully those days come back soon on a consistant basis.
    I hope so as well and the Royals do have some history.

Thanks.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    No one is touching Sweeney as he has been rumored for years. If he does get traded, expect something like an Abreu trade. A pure salary dump with no real talent coming back to you.

That's my thinking, no team in their right mind will trade anything of value for Sweeney. Sure when he's healthy he's still a great hitter, but he's a timebomb with that back. Every year we hear how he tried something new in the offseason to help the back, this year it was yoga, but it always acts up. Plus it'd be pointless to trade him for a salary dump because most likely the Royals would be stuck with part of the check, and he's in the last year of his contract. Personally, unless some team gets idiotic, I'd rather just keep him and hope he is willing to take a reduced role and a hugely reduced salary if he wants to stay beyond this season. KC has had some good players come up through their system of late, but so far Sweeney is the only one who was willing to stay. So it's hard to just get rid of him. If they do, I hope he gets to play in the playoffs.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I'm excited for the season to start.

Gordon for AL RotY!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Killah Sith View Post
    I hadn't dropped by in a long while so I though I'd check in. I'm looking forward to the new season and seeing Alex Gordon in a Royals uniform. Should be a great baseball season, hopefully the Royals take some forward strides this year.
    Welcome back. Hopefully the Royals forum can get some activity.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Rookie ERA
    C'mon, Royals, we AL Central just need one more good team to make this divison intriguing.