Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stairs, Affeldt, Bautista Traded

Stairs, Affeldt, Bautista Traded

Stairs went to Texas for a P Jose Diaz. Affeldt and Bautista went to Colorado for first baseman Ryan Shealy and pitcher Scott Dohmann.

I hear Shealy is the real deal and has been stuck behind Todd Helton. Affeldt and Bautista both have good stuff, but have always been injury prone and inconsistant.

I hate to see Stairs go, but he's not a part of the future and we got another young pitcher out of the deal. There's already talk of bringing Stairs back next year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    *Joselo Diaz
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

My bad. They were calling him "Jose" on the radio.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Shealy is a very good player they should be happy they got him.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Only reason I corrected was I am pretty sure there is also a Jose Diaz prospect, who might have been dealt only last season actually.

And this was a good move, Shealy should give them an offensive spark at 1B. Royals made some good trades this season for once, good for them.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Shealy should end up being a steal...I applaud them for at least trying to do something

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Shealy should be very good for the Royals.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Shealy has done the job so far. I think he'll get better and give the Royals good play at 1B.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    It was a great fit for the Royals and for Shealy as he has been hidden behind Todd Helton for a while. With Sweeney and his ridiculous salary gone after this season, Shealy will get a full year's work. Now the Royals can take some of that money and try and get some pitching.

Actually Sweeney has one more year on his contract. There has been some speculation on whether or not he'll be back, most think he will be. Either way the Royals will be on the hook for most if not all his salary.

MLB ERA
    Will Sweeney play again next season at all? His back has caused him problems again this season and, at only 33, he plays like he is 5 years older. He could be dealt for some prospects to another AL team that was willing to take a chance on him. He can still hit, but his days of being anything but a DH are over.
    As to Stairs coming back to KC, why not? He likes playing there (who wouldn't -- its the best ballpark in the majors) and can play a bit in the outfield, 1B or DH. He is a good pinch hitter as well. He looks like a "beer-ball" player and I like that.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

totally agree with you catman on Stairs. Him and Kruk should start their own softball team or something!

Unless he has changed his mind, Stairs is apparently going to retire.

As for Sweeney, the problem is who is going to trade decent prospects plus take on most of his salary for him? Unless the Royals can get an great prospect OR find a team to take his salary I don't see him going elsewhere.

Matt Stairs can have a spot in Boston. Hell, he could be a better SP than Jason Johnson and he doesn't even pitch
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I could pitch better than Jason Johnson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast