Thread: MacDougal's Back

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

MacDougal's Back

Royals activated RHP Mike MacDougal from the 60-day disabled list.
    Manager Buddy Bell indicated last week that MacDougal could be put back into the closer's role right away, so fantasy leaguers will probably want to activate him now. That said, Ambiorix Burgos owners shouldn't be quick to drop the youngster. If MacDougal builds some trade value with his performance over the next couple of weeks, the Royals could move him and return Burgos to the closer's role.
    If MacDougal does well, I hope the Royals do move him for a decent starting prospect.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If MacDougal ever gets his control in check. I think he could be a very decent RP.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    White Sox acquired RHP Mike MacDougal from the Royals for LHP Tyler Lumsden and RHP Daniel Cortes.
    MacDougal has the potential to be the quality right-handed setup man the White Sox need, though because of his history of injuries and command issues, it can be difficult to rely on him. The 29-year-old has pitched well since returning from a shoulder injury, allowing two hits and walking none in four scoreless innings. Also, the White Sox will control him through 2009, making this more than just a rental. We like it.
    Royals acquired LHP Tyler Lumsden and RHP Daniel Cortes from the White Sox for RHP Mike MacDougal.
    The Royals got a second intriguing prospect after all. Cortes, 19, had a 4.01 ERA and a 96/38 K/BB in 107 2/3 IP for low Single-A Kannapolis. A 2005 seventh-round pick, he has a low-90s fastball and a curveball that's a potential plus pitch. He might end up as a reliever. Lumsden is the more valuable property now. Back from elbow surgery that cost him last season, the 2004 supplemental first-rounder is 9-4 with a 2.69 ERA, 114 H and 72/40 K/BB in 123 2/3 innings for Double-A Birmingham. He's a future fourth starter, and he could be ready to help out by mid-2007.
    Good to see the Royals get some pitching and for MacDougal.

And MacDougal is gone. Sounds like the Royals made a good trade. <<<<words I never thought I'd say