Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Royals

The Royals

Well they've been beating up on the White Sox, pretty impressive thus far.

I was actually pretty impressed with the Royals when they played the Tigers. They're pitching was their weak spot, while I thought their hitting was ok.

Any thoughts Royal fans on the season thus far?

Not an impressive start, but I'll take it over what was expected and how it looked after the Tiger series. Tough series up next vs. the Yankees, but these Royals have shown they are going to come out and play. Scott Earlton has looked good in his two starts as did Bautista. Now if Affeldt and Mays can do something.....

They are now talking that Dejesus could go on the DL with his hamstring, that is something we don't need. Runelvys looked horrible yesterday in a rehab start. On the bright side, Mark Redmond might be back in a week or so.

Elarton didn't look that great in his first start. Are you sure we saw the same game? Well you watch more Royal baseball than I, so maybe you can tell if it was a good game for him. But seriously, he wasn't that great.

He wasn't great, he did give up three homeruns, but he wasn't bad either. Maybe I'm better off saying he got the job done good enough for a win. If only the bats were working that day.

And you gotta remember that Joe Mays and Jeremey Affeldt totally bombed after Earlton too, so he looked even better.

Well the Affeldt SP wasn't pretty. If only Royals pitching was atleast half way decent, Royals could be a respectable team. Their hitting, defense, it's great. I especially like my boy Reggie Sanders. I cheer for him even when the Tigers are playing against you guys.

I have some hope for them. 3 of the 5 projected starters are on the DL, so that doesn't help. We have no true ace though at this point, even if the three were pitching. Greinke needs to get past his personal issues, whatever they were, and Hernandez needs to lose a couple hundred tons, I mean pounds. Both have shown flashes of promise, but that's always the case with Royal pitchers. Mark Redmon isn't great by any means, but he should be a solid guy if he can get healthy.

I'm willing to give Affeldt a little more time, but time is running short on him IMO. I really like Denny Bautista, if he can hit the strike zone consistantly and stay healthy he could be very good.

Definitely. Affeldt just seems to have somewhat lost it. I posted an article on here awhile ago, just talking about the Royals trading Affeldt. It actually wouldn't surprise me to see him dealt by the trading deadline.

Me either and maybe a new team and fresh scenery might be what he needs. He has the talent to be a dominant pitcher, but has yet to come close of fullfilling any promise. I was hoping that now that he's back in the rotation maybe he could get settled in and do something. The blisters were a major problem before and once he was moved to the bullpen, he bounced around between closer and middle relief a lot, mainly because of his proness for injuries.

New scenery and team can fix alot. You know, he just seems to be one of those talented pitchers who will never pitch to his full capabilities. Maybe it's the injuries that you talk of, or maybe it's the Royals organization, but I don't know. Just seems like Affeldt will never be the pitcher that he can be. Cause he's definitely talented.

Injuries and the Royals, I say both. It hasn't helped that he's had a different pitching coach every season.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Then trade him. Might fix all the issues, should bring a couple good prospects.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Royals 2-12 right now, and the team just isn't lookin pretty. Elarton sucked today.

4.1 IP, 3 ER, 5 BB, 1 HR....ouch.

What's going to fix this team? Obviously pitching. Thoughts?

Pitching would help and that's the biggest problem, but their hitting has been bad as well. One run in three games vs. the White Sox. Just horrible.

Do you think the front office for KC will do anything to try and mix things up. Maybe get this team going somehow.

I know Grienke is coming back. You think he's going to be in the majors? If he is going to be in the majors, do you think he'll pitch well?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast