KISSIMMEE, FLA. - Roger Clemens tried unsuccessfully to sneak unnoticed into Jeff Bagwell's news conference on Saturday to hear the man who's arguably the Astros' greatest player discuss what could be the end of his career.
Clemens has yet to announce his retirement, but he doesn't act or look like a man who's ready to confront his farewell.
In his first public comments since playing for the United States in the World Baseball Classic, Clemens said he feels good enough to pitch an entire season but isn't ready to commit to doing so — and he didn't rule out looking at the standings in June to see which team would give him the best chance to add a ring to his stuffed trophy case.
"I'm going to look at all my options," he said. "If I get an itch and somebody goes down, I know I'm going to get phone calls. It was the same thing in the world games. I was wearing a red batting practice top for the United States, and (Cincinnati Reds outfielder Ken) Griffey looked at me and said, 'You look great in red.'
"I want to win. But I'm not going to torture myself to go out there and have another OK season. You want to get to the dance and you have to play well and you want to win."
Clemens, 43, has offers from the Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees and Texas Rangers to return for a 23rd season. He could re-sign with the Astros but not until May 1 because the club didn't offer him arbitration.
HaHa, I love the quote from Griffey. "You look great in red." You come play for the Reds and they have a shot at winning Roger. Thats just it with this guy though. He would bolster any rotation anytime. He could flip the entire outlook of a team for sure.

So, will the Stros get him back or what?