Thread: Wild Card Hopes!

MLB ERA

Wild Card Hopes!

- The Astros are only 1.5 game out of the wild card.

- The Marlins have talent and are picked as favorites by everyone in the media, yet they continue to play average baseball. Their pitching is overrated and their lineup has chemistry issues right now.

- The Phillies don't have good pitching and the stros play them in a week, a team they've beaten 9 times in-a-row - plus they can't beat anyone not in the NL West.

- The stros better than the Nats and Muts. All these East teams play each other a lot, which helps.

- Once Berkman gets his swing back, that will jumpstart Ensberg and Biggio. The thing about thisteam is that once we score 2 runs, they start to build confidence and end up scoring many runs and blow other teams out - same situation last year.

Rookie ERA
    I have a feeling that Luke Scott (just brought up from AAA) will provide a boost in the six spot.

MLB ERA
    I agree with you about Scott, but I don't understand why they gave Harville up for nothing.

AA ERA
    Many of these Astros also have last year to remember. I think the Stros get it as the East beats each other up.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    The Astros will have the best starting pitching in the playofss if they make it.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    No doubt, the Astros 1-2-3 punch is insane. I would fear the Stros if they make it. This could make things a lot more interesting in the postseason.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Just beat the Phillies with great pinch running by a rookie OFer. Now that's baseball. Not to mention Oswalt was on the mound.

MLB ERA
    I think the Astros have the best shot at the Wild Card. Their pitching is just too dominant!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Astros have the best shot and that Bruntlett kid is fun to watch. He is a Ryan Freel type player. Either way it goes it has been an exciting year for Astros fan.