Thread: Dreaming of Alou

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Dreaming of Alou

Dreaming of Alou
    Although he declared it a dead issue, Phil Garner hasn't stopped thinking about San Francisco Giants slugger Moises Alou, whom many within the Astros organization would like to acquire for the pennant stretch.

"I'm sure we'll call up another catcher (when rosters expand)," Garner said. "We can call up a catcher and we can call up Alou. Excuse me. That's a dead issue."

Alou, a former Astros who still counts Jeff Bagwell as his best friend in baseball, tried to get a free-agent contract with the Astros last winter before signing a two-year deal to play for his father, Felipe , the Giants' manager.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3315684

Rookie ERA
    I love his pop in the order but I hate his slacker play by not running out ground balls and lack of hustle in the field. I never liked his presence in the locker room as he doesn't fit in well with the ALL OUT play Biggio and Bagwell have brought.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Alou didn't even consider going to the Astros.

MLB ERA
    The Astros could really use Alou to boost their offense! They have the best 1-2-3 pop in the Majors, and could make a huge run in the playoffs with the addition of a good bat.