Thread: I salute Roger Clemens

White Sox I salute Roger Clemens

The man is 43 ... and pitching better than most of the guys half his age. League leading 1.45 e.r.a. ... how crazy is that in the days of the "live ball"?

Any way, I salute the big guy, because he is a stud pitcher and always has been. And the fact that 10 years after the White Sox declined to trade for him because of "probably diminshed skills (as the White Sox GM called them)", he is STILL a stud pitcher.

I wish you guys the best.

Astros and White Sox in the World Series? Would be some interesting pitching matchups ...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Agreed Clemens has been on fire his whole career. he may never stop! Good salute Boris!

AA ERA
    Hah. Yea those skills are quite diminshed .
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    To think the White Sox thought this guy was done 10 YEARS AGO! What was our scouting department thinking?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    To think the White Sox thought this guy was done 10 YEARS AGO! What was our scouting department thinking?!

I don't think it was the scouting department.

I think it was Reins-dork. The same putz who engineered the fire sale of our best pitchers while the team was only a game and a half out at the All Star break a few years back, thereby flushing the season down the toilet without even a fight.

But I digress. This is not a "bash the jackass running the White Sox" thread ... it is intended as a salute to a guy I wish the White Sox had procured when he was being offerred up for a song a decade ago. A guy who, at 43, is leading the entire major leagues in earned run average. A guy who actually looks stronger and more in command of his pitches than he did with the Yankees a few years back. A guy who is a true stud, and first ballot lock for the Hall of Fame.

Keep rockin' Rocket. The fans know what you're all about, even if the owners of the teams the fans root for do not.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    same type of thinking as the guys who wanted to get rid of him in boston.

what hes doing is just insane. he's just been flat out filthy this year and if houston actually got him some runs in april, he'd probably have 14 wins right now.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    same type of thinking as the guys who wanted to get rid of him in boston.

what hes doing is just insane. he's just been flat out filthy this year and if houston actually got him some runs in april, he'd probably have 14 wins right now.
    With run support, I think he would have had 14 wins buy the All Star break, and be threatening the 30 win mark for the season.

He really is pitching that well.

Fun to watch.