Thread: Wild Card?

Rookie ERA

Wild Card?

Here is the start to something this weekend.

The Astros are playing the Nats (who will lose ground to the Braves this weekend and fall to second place).

'Stros win 3 of 4 moving up in the wild card race behind the Nats who are passed by the Braves.

The Cubs lose 2-3 games to the Cards falling to second in the wild card and getting passed by the Astros.

If we can get the trade we need, we could take the wild card (for good) from the pretenders.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Astros will be an interesting team to watch out for. They need another bat and they need to keep up the performances that the big three starters have put up. Question is, can the pitching remain that hot to carry this team? I would much rather see the Stro's go to the playoffs versus the Cubbies anyday.

Rookie ERA
    The Wild Card will end up looking like this

1. Mets
    2. Cubs -- Tie with Astros
    2. Astros -- Tie with Cubs
    3. Phillies
    4. Nationals
    5. Marlins
    6. Brewers

The Astros have to get Adam Dunn, and or Mike Cameron to win the wild card. The Astros did great last year during the second half because the power hitting Center Fielder Carlos Beltran. I think one of the two players I've mentioned above will carry the Astros to the playoffs. If they don't get one of them, they will lose the wild card by 3 or 4 games.

Rookie ERA
    The Astros are 3 1/2 games out of the wild card and two games ahead of the Cubs. The Nats and ATL are tied for first in the wild card but not for long.

The weekend is going like I thouhgt so far.

AA ERA
    Ehh I don't buy the Mets or Phillies up there. It's gonna be between Marlins, Cubs, Astros, and Nats. Nats won't do it. Marlins can get hot and have the talent to do it, but if they sell off some players that could hurt them. Cubs have the talent, Nomar will be coming back, but they have to be consistent and win games like last nights . Astros have a great shot too.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle