Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: adam dunn ????

Rookie ERA
    The problem is that the Reds will likely have to pay him at very least double his salary this year to keep him if they don't trade him. How foolish would they look if he just became a free agent and they didn't get anything in return?

If he does become a free agent, he most likely will come here for less money because this is his home. He told a radio program here that he has always wanted to play at home and he would be sure to before long if he has any input.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    But the Reds should be able to find the money to give Dunn.

Graves: 6.25 mil
    Jimenez: 2.87 mil
    Randa: 2.15 mil
    Ortiz: 3.55 mil

Randa was traded, DJ is in AA and struggling there, Ortiz has been miserable and Graves is with the Mets. So with those salaries off the books, that's nearly 15 mil, they should be able to afford to the 3-4 mil payraise of Dunn. And that's not factoring in if they decide to keep LaRue (3 mil) or resign Weathers (1.25 mil) And then after 2006, Casey's giant contract would be off the books. And after 2007, so will Milton's. Leaving Griffey as the only big contract remaining that we have currently.

This whole thing with Dunn is a creation of the media. If the Reds want to make it work, they can. I am not saying it's not a possiblity but I just don't think a trade is likely at this point. Who knows though, I've been wrong on so many things before.

Rookie ERA
    My point with Dunn is that a player, like the fans, wants to win TODAY. The Reds need to step up and win next year and that means doing the things NOW to make that happen. After next year, if Dunn doesn't see progress, he will not play in Cincy no matter what. This is a pivotable area of time for the Reds. As you guys have said before (and I agree) the Reds are not that far off from winning. Griffey is hampering your progress and management needs to take a look at his salary and decide to eat a portion of it and trade him as well as spending more on pitching. If the Reds made a commitment to spend more, while being financially responsible, they would be winning next year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I do agree with you on that Ted, no doubt. Maybe we could just combine the Astros pitching with the Reds hitting, that would be some team.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    I do agree with you on that Ted, no doubt. Maybe we could just combine the Astros pitching with the Reds hitting, that would be some team.
    In the last 30 days the Astros have hit .296 and have scored 148 runs.

Ensberg is becoming a monster and Berkman is 100 %. We also have rookie, Taveras, leading off with 110 hits and batting .297 and 23 stolen bases.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I wasn't trying to insult the Stros offense Ted. A healthy Astros team is a very capable one to put up runs considering the dominating pitching like you pointed out (and they don't even have Bagwell). I was just making that comment because the Stros are number two in ERA in the NL and the Reds are number one for runs scored in the NL.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Oh, I wasn't trying to insult the Stros offense Ted. A healthy Astros team is a very capable one to put up runs considering the dominating pitching like you pointed out (and they don't even have Bagwell). I was just making that comment because the Stros are number two in ERA in the NL and the Reds are number one for runs scored in the NL.
    Oh, I understand that. I was merely letting folks know who don't folow the 'Stros often that the Astros are on the move ala last year. I know you are aware as you are in the same division.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12