Thread: Clemens to stay, if they get a bat?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Clemens to stay, if they get a bat?

"If there's anything, the questions I would rather ask or have posed to our owner is that now we're back in that situation where we may be able to get (someone) if there is a bat or two to be had," Clemens said. "Maybe we can go to that again.

"Maybe we've convinced them, 'Okay, here we are.' If we can come out of the break and play well out of the break, have that same thought, and if there's a bat available, maybe put us back in the situation when we went out and got Carlos (Beltran last year)."

Reached by phone Tuesday evening, Astros general manager Tim Purpura was adamant that McLane shares Clemens' opinion.

"Without a doubt we've been working on that for a number of weeks," Purpura said. "When it comes to Drayton, one of the first things he talks to me every day about is, 'Is there any offense to be had?' Roger's thinking is much like Drayton's.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3264013

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Looks like Clemens agrees with staying as they are in the Wild Card hunt. He isa key part of this teams contention and it is a necessity that they keep him around. So, add the bat Astros!

AA ERA
    They are in 2nd in the Central, definitely shouldn't look to dumping him yet.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    clemens was never leaving. why cant people understand that?
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Rookie ERA
    Clemens has a long term service contract with the Astros after his career and the Astros just signed his son, Kobe, to a contract. It is thought that Clemens will be back next year to go to spring training with his son.

..or Clemens can pitch AGAIN next year? I know Rocket wants to get 400 wins.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    ..or Clemens can pitch AGAIN next year? I know Rocket wants to get 400 wins.
    He hasn't slowed down yet.