Thread: Mills digesting roster

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Astros Mills digesting roster

I expect this will give him a bloated feeling and perhaps diarrhea.

Houston general manager Ed Wade said last week any remaining additions to the club would likely be limited to signing players to non-roster contracts with invitations to Spring Training. The Astros' 40-man roster is full after trading for reliever Matt Lindstrom, signing reliever Brandon Lyon and third baseman Pedro Feliz and re-signing backup outfielder Jason Michaels within the past 10 days.

Lindstrom, 29, cost Houston three lower-level Minor Leaguers, but he throws hard and had experience closing in Florida. Lyon went 6-5 with three saves in 65 games for Detroit last season and saved 26 games and had a 4.70 ERA in 2008 with Arizona.

"What you've got is two guys that have Major League experience, and they're coming around, and we'll stick them right into our bullpen," Mills said. "It's pretty special. Any time you can get guys with experience and arms like that, and they have the ability to do things, it's a plus. It's nice to see the ballclub come together a little bit."
    Mills evaluating players he has in place | astros.com: News

Feliz would be a good add ...to a contender. Jury is still out on Lindstrom, I mean, there's a lot of pitchers that can throw hard- that's not really a special trait. What's special for comedy sake, 24 walks and an ERA near 6.00 in 47 innings. That's what closers are made of!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Mills digesting roster

I am sure his heartburn is at an all time high already. It does not look good. Now, I think they just signed Willy Tavares. Not good at all.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I predict the Stros will take a last place finish this year, it just hasn't been a good couple of years for them. They have taken a steady tread downhill. Frankly, I am surprised that they haven't been finishing last place every year the last few years.

They have a ton of bad contracts and very little hope in my opinion. Just look at their projected lineup:

Matsui 2B
    Bourn CF
    Berkman 1B
    Lee LF
    Feliz 3B
    Pence RF
    Manzella SS
    Towles C

Their rotation? After 1-2, they are unbelievably bad...

Oswalt
    Rodriguez
    Norris
    Paulino
    Moehler

Their bullpen is a host of names that could be forgotten the second you look at them. With the chances of Berkman going down again with injury, this looks to be the worst season the Stros fans have endured in a long time.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

To add to their stupidity they let Valverde and Hawkins go and replaced them with Lindstrom and Lyon.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I predict the Stros will take a last place finish this year, it just hasn't been a good couple of years for them. They have taken a steady tread downhill. Frankly, I am surprised that they haven't been finishing last place every year the last few years.

They have a ton of bad contracts and very little hope in my opinion. Just look at their projected lineup:

Matsui 2B
    Bourn CF
    Berkman 1B
    Lee LF
    Feliz 3B
    Pence RF
    Manzella SS
    Towles C

Their rotation? After 1-2, they are unbelievably bad...

Oswalt
    Rodriguez
    Norris
    Paulino
    Moehler

Their bullpen is a host of names that could be forgotten the second you look at them. With the chances of Berkman going down again with injury, this looks to be the worst season the Stros fans have endured in a long time.
    Surprise, surprise. Berkman did go down with an injury and the lineup is just dreadful with Feliz taking over at 1B. Without Berkman, the Astros are worse than the Pirates.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Astros are a great example of a team who should have sold off their talent years ago to rebuild. That or brought in the pieces necessary to win with Berkman and Oswalt. Yeah, they got Lee and Tejada, but they never did enough IMO.

Now that farm system is a mess.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

DiamondDave runs the astros?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.