Aaron Boone is a great guy and a useful player in the right role. I'd love it if he was able to find his way back to the bigs after being dealt that blow of bad luck.
My View From Here by Jeff Brucculeri

Open heart surgery this spring was thought to end the career of Houston Astros third baseman Aaron Boone, but it looks like that may not be so. Boone was recently cleared by doctors to begin working out and begin his comeback to Major League Baseball.

Boone underwent heart surgery in March to replace an aortic valve.
He was born with a defective aortic valve, but first learned of the health risk while playing baseball at Southern Cal, and he knew that eventually he would need surgery. However, he didn’t think the need would arise at age 36.

Despite not showing any symptoms, a physical exam in spring training alerted doctors to the worsening problem with Boone’s heart and they recommended he not play any longer without having the valve replaced.
“I honestly never said ‘why me,’ why not me?” Boone said in a recent interview with ESPN.

Boone is considered to be one of the nicest and most humble players in the major leagues and has been loved by teammates and fans every where he has played.

He originally broke into the majors with the Cincinnati Reds in 1997.
Boone played with the Reds until 2003, and then played with the New York Yankees, Cleveland Indians, Florida Marlins and Washington Nationals.
Last year with the Nationals, Boone hit six homers and with a .241 batting average.
His recovery was expected to take several months, but just three months following surgery, Boone has begun working out six days a week in hopes of not just returning to the Astros, but he feels the likelihood of him returning this season is very good.

“I feel like I owe it to myself, I owe it to the Astros, I owe it to somebody that it may affect in a positive way, to say ‘hey, I can get back,’ and I know I can,” Boone said.

It will take about four weeks for Boone to recovery his strength and stamina to be able to play again, but one thing he has going for him is he’s an athlete and was in good shape prior to the surgery.

Another thing Boone has going for him is his positive attitude.
I wish Boone a full and speedy recovery. He’s the type of guy that deserves it.
Houston Astros’ Aaron Boone ready to return after open-heart surgery | Tulsa Beacon