Thread: Source Says Bagwell Roided Up

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Astros Source Says Bagwell Roided Up

Sources: Kelly Blair made boasts about juicing Clemens, Pettitte & Bagwell

I heard this on the Colin Cowherd show and according to him there is no doubt Bagwell did steroids..............his whole career. Now after reading the article, there is no proof of that. I can see Bagwell taking banned substances later in his career to comeback from injury which he sadly never did. Cowherd went on to try and prove his point by going back and looking at his numbers from the beginning. He said he went from a singles hitter to an elite power hitter. Well Colin, you are wrong again. Bagwell hit 15 HRs and won the ROY in his rookie season. Man, what a roid freak!! His numbers gradually got better as every great hitter's do. Nothing jumps off the page to make you wonder. I believe Bagwell might have taken steroids to try and get back from injury but not a life time user.

MLB ERA

Re: Source Says Bagwell Roided Up

I don't see it. I mean, he was a big guy, a power hitter, but I don't think he was a roid-head. Maybe he did use near the end of his career, I can't say, but he's not a guy I'd look at

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

He hit over 40 HRs just three times.

MLB ERA

I just don't see it. Guys like Sosa, McGwire, Bonds are believable, but it's not the same with Bagwell. He wasn't like those guys. He was pretty consistent over the course of his career.