Before you throw a conniption fit, consider this:

The #2, typically Matsui, is now posting a .390 plus obp
Tejada, Lee, and Berkman are posting .500 plus slugging, and Berkman is actually hitting like a couple billion in slugging.
And Pence is now back to finding consistency.

BUT, Michael Bourn is sadly still leading off. I love speed, I like steals, I think it's important to have but 20/23 in stealing is almost completely negated by a .272 obp and a ..wait for it.. .298 slugging. For the love of God, Juan Pierre hits better than that.

With Houston's offense and some surprising quality performances out of their pitching (but still waiting for Roy Oswalt, the real Roy, to show up) they are competing and with lower end of the order guys not doing so well (Loretta, Blum, Towles) they really need a better leadoff presence. Bourn is young, but at this point, he's a mild tangy version of Dave Roberts.

I'd suggest going out and trading for someone. If there's no leadoff guy to acquire, get a #2 type and let Matsui leadoff (20 walks, 11/12 steals). Even a 50 year old Kenny Lofton would get on base more than Bourn (I believe it was suggested on espn.com that the astros gamble on Lofton). What would all this hurt? What hurts is leading off with a guy who's OPS is worse than our economy.