Thread: Poor Fan

MLB ERA

Poor Fan

The Astros fan whose marriage proposal was rebuffed in front of 30,000 fans actually struck out twice Monday night.

He didn't get the girl.

And now he's stuck with the $300 bill from the Astros, which is the tab for two tickets, the proposal shown on the centerfield scoreboard and a souvenir video of the proceedings.

"We did what we said we were going to do," said Pam Gardner, president of business operations. "We hope these proposals will be serious and special, so people have to think before they do it."

Gardner said she wasn't sure what to do with the video of the first rejected marriage proposal in the history of Minute Maid Park. Certainly it belongs to the gentleman if he wants it, she said. Otherwise, the staff will dispose of it discreetly.

Although a number of reporters have been trying to reach the apparently spurned lover — assuming the whole scene was not a carefully orchestrated stunt — the Astros staunchly refused to release his name or the video.

Give him a break, find something else to do — that was the tune from the marketing department.
    Astros game proposal was an error, not a hit | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
    ^^Rest of story^^

I feel so bad for the poor little guy I mean how embarrising would that be to get turned down in front of thousands of people? Although this made me feel bad for the guy I still thinks it pretty funny.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Re: Poor Fan

Did they both stay to watch the rest of the game?

Now that would be funny.

MLB ERA

Marriage proposals should never be made in a grand setting.

All it does is put unneeded pressure on the girl to say yes when she might not otherwise....or set yourself up for major embarrassment should she not feel the need to save your feelings due to the lack of desire of publicly embarrassing you if she would otherwise rather not say yes.

If/when the day comes where I want to propose to a girl, it will be at my or her home or in the generic restaurant setting....and in either case not in front of anyone she would not want to embarrass me in front of.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Restaurant is gay.

Pull over your car and do it on the side of the road.

Then propose.

MLB ERA

I did in my old bedroom.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Wow.

This is embarrassing and funny.