Thread: Ensberg DFA

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Astros Ensberg DFA

Ensberg DFA in hopes of a trade

The Astros are trying to move him. I guess after acquiring Wiggy, they don't need him anymore. Not that he's been tearing the cover off the ball or anything.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Ensberg DFA

Surprising move in one way just considering the type of production he was putting up in 2005, but his power numbers have just completely fallen off the table. His slugging percentage is almost .200 points lower than it was in 2005. The one thing about Ensberg is that he is a pretty big guess hitter, the past two seasons I've noticed him just kind of clueless at the dish and thusly would put some really bad cuts on balls he should of been swinging for. I don't know if it's mechanics, pressure or something else but he hasn't been the same player in the AB's I've seen him in.

Can any Astros fans shed some light on him?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah you saw this coming after the Wiggington deal. Ensberg can be another Tony Bautista for Minnesota if they wanted.

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

I think Ensberg really need a change of scenery. Start all over again and get back to where he was able to contend back in 2005. I wish Minnesota will pick him up, but since have recently gotten a rookie to back up Nick Punto, another offensive futility.