Thread: Bye Bye ROY

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bye Bye ROY

Hunter Pence will be out four to six weeks with a small chip fracture in his right wrist.
    Ryan Braun probably just claimed Rookie of the Year honors. Pence said he'd play today after hurting his wrist during Sunday's game, but the chip fracture was found when an MRI was performed today. The Astros will likely make Chris Burke their full-time center fielder. Craig Biggio could go back to playing more frequently at second base as a result.
    This absolutely sucks because he is the only reason to watch the Astros play. Speedy recovery.

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Bye Bye ROY

Wow. He just lost it big time. May he have a speedy recovery and get a head start on to his 2nd season in the Majors.

EDIT: That title got me first - I initially thought the Astros just traded Roy Oswalt by how the title looked. LOL, there's no friggin' way that the franchise could ever trade him away after signed him to multi-year contract not too long ago.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Bye Bye ROY

Well he is not the only reason. They do have Carlos Lee.

But seriusly, that is a tough break for Hunter Pence. I was enjoying seeing some new talent in the league again this year.