Thread: Astros' last-place standing perplexes GM

Astros Astros' last-place standing perplexes GM

Astros general manager Tim Purpura glanced at the National League Central standings on Thursday and couldn't believe his eyes. He then searched his mouth for words to describe his team being tied for last place. After winning seven of 11 games heading into the All-Star break, the Astros were swept by the Chicago Cubs and lost two of three earlier this week at Washington. That dropped them into a last-place tie with Cincinnati, which won Thursday to leave the Astros (40-55) alone at the bottom of the Central.
    Astros' last-place standing perplexes GM | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Astros' last-place standing perplexes GM

Jason Jennings is one of the biggest reasons why they're in the bottom. I don't understand why Purpura agreed to trigger the trade. I understand with the arrival of Pence and Scott and the signing of Lee, there's no more room left for Willy. I mean, Colorado obviously won in this deal. Willy in Colorado is playing basically the same, being a leadoff hitter he is, so that's good.

On the other hand, JJ can't seem to get the job done most of time. I don't know what have happened to him since he got traded.