Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Houston Astros News

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    The Mets have been through with Trachsel ever since he opted out of Game 3 of the NLCS. They needed innings because of their worn-down bullpen and after taking a liner to the leg he left the game. There has been speculation that perhaps he could have stayed in. Also he had "personal issues" that didn't seem to be adressed during the playoffs. They don't want any more distractions from him and don't feel he's worth it anymore.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Ah, I didnt know about the personal issue thing and forgot about the playoff thing as well, thanks for the reminder!!!

MLB ERA
    Yeah, it's funny because Trachsel was probably about the least controversial guy on the team, and even though he didn't even say anything he ends up creating more controversy than anybody else in the playoffs. I mean, he didn't pitch great all the time but he won 15 games. Somebody ought to give him a shot.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I am sure their is a team out there that will sign him!

MLB ERA
    Astros manager Phil Garner said he wants a left-hander in his rotation and Wandy Rodriguez appears to be the only option in camp.
    Forget Carlos Lee: If Rodriguez opens the year in Houston's rotation, GM Tim Purpura will have had a bad winter. With questions lingering about Fernando Nieve's elbow, it'd make a lot of sense for the Astros to sign a veteran. Mark Redman would fill the lefty void and turn Rodriguez into the long shot to make the team that he should have been all along.
    Source: RotoWorld
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Chad Qualls struggled in his second outing of the spring, giving up three runs in an inning against the Nationals.
    Qualls made his first appearance Monday after missing time with a sore right shoulder. He gave up three hits and walked two today.

Jason Lane went 3-for-4 with a two-run homer Thursday versus the Nationals.
    Hunter Pence, who hit his second homer today, will continue to get most of the attention in Houston, but Lane also appears to be on his way to a big spring. He's 8-for-20 with three homers and a 3/3 K/BB ratio. Meanwhile, Richard Hidalgo is off to a 1-for-19 start.

Brandon Backe is expected to throw from a mound Friday for the first time since undergoing Tommy John surgery.
    Backe, who had surgery in September, is hoping for a midseason return. Because setbacks are likely and Backe may be rusty initially, his potential for fantasy value is minimal this season.

Carlos Lee was limited to designated hitter duties Wednesday because of a sore right arm.
    The Astros had planned to use Craig Biggio at DH early in camp. Manager Phil Garner said Wednesday that Lee's injury isn't a big concern.
    Per Rotoworld

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Houston Astros News

Not sure where to post questions like this, so I'll drop it in here......

What do you think it would take to get Loretta & Jennings from you guys realistically ?
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Miguel Tejada went 3-for-4 with a homer off Brett Myers as the Astros edged the Phillies 6-5 on Friday.

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Astros optioned C J.R. Towles to Triple-A Round Rock; reassigned RHP Bud Norris to minor league camp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12