Thread: Jason Lane in CF

MLB ERA

Jason Lane in CF

According to the Houston Chronicle, Astros manager Phil Garner has been kicking around the idea of Jason Lane getting a look in center field.
    That seems far-fetched, as Garner had little interest in playing Lane at all after the 29-year-old struggled to hit for any kind of average last season. It's been assumed that Lane would be traded, and it's still pretty likely to happen. Having him in center in between Carlos Lee and Luke Scott would make for perhaps the NL's worst defense outfield. Chris Burke would make more sense as an everyday center fielder in case of a Willy Taveras trade.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I totally agree. If Teavares is going to be traded, then put Burke in the lineup, he has paid his dues!!!!! Garner is NOT a good manager, IMO, found out the hard way when he was in Milwaukee! With Houstons pitching, they should be good and Berkman is a awesome, MVP-like player year in and year out!

Come on Garner, say something that sounds like a real manager, PLEASE!!!

Astros and a Beer AstrosAnonymous's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    I totally agree. If Teavares is going to be traded, then put Burke in the lineup, he has paid his dues!!!!! Garner is NOT a good manager, IMO, found out the hard way when he was in Milwaukee! With Houstons pitching, they should be good and Berkman is a awesome, MVP-like player year in and year out!

Come on Garner, say something that sounds like a real manager, PLEASE!!!
    You're completely wrong. Garner is a good manager. After he showed up we started winning games, made it to the playoffs every year except this last one, one of which led to our first World Series. I would also hope that we don't trade Taveras. He's a dependable on base hitter, and great for stealing bases. Next year should be better with the addition of Carlos Lee to our lineup. Along with Lee, we will have Berkman, hopefully a healthy Ensberg, hopefully a consistant Lane, Luke Scott, who by this time should be starting to fully develope even more. In our pitching we will have Jason Hirsh who should also be better developed by this time, Oswalt, and most likely Pettite and Clemens will be resigned