Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second half...3-way race?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Second half...3-way race?

Normally by the time the All-Star break is said and done, you can get a glimpse of whom will be in a pennant race. So what about for the NL Central? Everyone has the Cards as the winner. But can the Stros and Reds fight it out for the wild card?

What will it take for this team to get over the edge? Huff was a nice addittion, do they need something else? I am looking forward to this race. But at whose cost will it be at the bitter end? Here is to a great race this year.

AAA ERA
    This next Astros/Reds series will be probably one of the most important series all year for the Redlegs.

AA ERA
    If the Astros rumors are true and some how they manage to acquire SS Miguel Tejada that would surely be enough to put them over the top with a staff that includes Roger Clemens, Roy Oswalt, and Andy Pettitte. If they trade a struggling Ensberg and manage to acquire Scott Linebrink to help out their bullpen that would be another big plus.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Astros and a Beer AstrosAnonymous's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34
    If the Astros rumors are true and some how they manage to acquire SS Miguel Tejada that would surely be enough to put them over the top with a staff that includes Roger Clemens, Roy Oswalt, and Andy Pettitte. If they trade a struggling Ensberg and manage to acquire Scott Linebrink to help out their bullpen that would be another big plus.
    Theres no way they would trade Ensberg. He does so much for the team, he just has his bad years. Next year he will come back up and be hitting 30 homers with a great average. We also just got Backe back, so hopefully he will get back in the groove sometime soon. Astros pretty much always come back up before playoffs, so Im not worried.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    All good points here guys. The Reds did beat them last night and that is one down. How will this series end up?

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Reds win the series 2 games to 1

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Looking more and more like a 3-way race to me. But the Cards are steadily building on their lead. Perhaps it is a Reds and Stros battle for the WC. They just have to get those teams in the West Division out of the way first.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Maybe the Cards can be your allies these next few days and win the series or maybe even sweep the Astros... Sorry my Brewers weren't much help for ya this past weekend.. Then again, if you are hinging are teh Brewers to help... You better not expect a whole lot of help

C you there
    MLB ERA
    you guys did help somewhat when you nocked them below us the other day

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think the season is over for the Reds. Good luck to these Stros, but I am pretty sure it is in the bag for the Cards. Unless, of course more injuries happen to them.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Well Harang got the win against these Stros last night.

Arroyo vs Clemens tonight. Both teams are out of the race, but this is still a nice matchup.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Stros and Reds are tied for first place, but have zero chance at hitting the playoffs. A race for second is in effect. Who will take it?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Astros are now a half game up for the second place finish. Stros fans, do you share the same sentiment as Reds fans do on the forums? Do you see it better for this team to lose many games in hopes for a higher pick in the playoffs?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Stros swept the Cards and got the win against the Phils last night. Closing in tight to both the WC and the division. They have been doing what is necessary to get there. Will it be enough?

Astros and a Beer AstrosAnonymous's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Thats why I never lose hope towards the end. We do this almost every year, thats 7 games won in a row. I love my Stros.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast