Thread: Talks of getting D-Train

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Talks of getting D-Train

the rumor mill regarding the Astros already is roiling the waters. One earlier this week had one of the team's young starters and minor-league hurler Jason Hirsh being part of a package shipped to the Marlins for left-handed ace Dontrelle Willis. Others have Chris Burke, Lane or other familiar names being moved as part of deals for David Dellucci, Carl Crawford, Andruw Jones or perennial gossip favorite Bobby Abreu. All might be available by the July 31 trading deadline.
    To be sure, the pursuit of a slugger, if the Astros can hold on in coming weeks, is a real possibility, if not a necessity. The club is averaging less than five runs per game, typically when standouts Roger Clemens or Roy Oswalt are on the mound.
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/c...s.16aa679.html

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I am not too sure that the stros need another pitcher. Although it would help, I think a big bat would be the bigger need at this time. Andruw Jones would be an intriguing take.

Man, that would be nasty. What do you guys think about the possibility of seeing A. Jones at Minute Maid?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    I am not too sure that the stros need another pitcher. Although it would help, I think a big bat would be the bigger need at this time. Andruw Jones would be an intriguing take.

Man, that would be nasty. What do you guys think about the possibility of seeing A. Jones at Minute Maid?
    Thats true, plus I think Backe is coming off the DL soon.

MLB ERA
    The Astros need some sort of offense before they need pitching.