Thread: It's now official, The Rocket is back in Houston (14 mil for this season)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It's now official, The Rocket is back in Houston (14 mil for this season)

Good old Roger, always one to give a hometown discount. At least all the speculation of whether he's coming or going can end, for a few months.

HOUSTON -- Retirement and the Hall of Fame will have to wait a little longer for Roger Clemens, because The Rocket has decided to go on one final mission for Houston.

No. 22 agreed to terms Wednesday on a one-year deal with the Astros to come back for a 23rd season, or at least the remaining four months of the current season.

The seven-time Cy Young Award winner ended his seven-month retirement by accepting a deal that will pay him approximately $14 million -- the pro-rated value of a $21 million seasonal contract -- to pitch for the Astros for the balance of the current season.

The decision came after months of soul searching by Clemens and weeks of waiting by the Astros, Yankees and Red Sox, who had tendered offers to the right-hander in recent weeks. The Rangers were also in the hunt until they were informed on Friday that they were no longer in the running for Clemens.

Clemens' arrival couldn't come at a better time for the Astros, who have lost 18 of their last 22 games. Houston's offense has been inconsistent but the Astros are also in dire need of more pitching.
    Click Here For The Rest

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Awesome, I don't like his personality, but I love how he pitches.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Same here (he's ripped on my hometown even). But jerk or not, he's one of the few pitchers I'll watch just for the sake of seeing him pitch, regardless of the importance of the game being played.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He'll be the first pitcher to take the first two months off and still win the Cy Young.
    rf28

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    It will be interesting to see how he does in such short time!

MLB ERA
    I hope he gets rocked, the Astros suck, and all the small market teams walk away happy.

MLB ERA
    It'd be hilarious if he did so poorly in the minors that he didn't even get called up.

AA ERA
    I suppose this is better for his health, gives him a shorter season. It'll be intersting to see how it goes.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I have to say this. Finally! I hate that he is with the Stros just because it likely makes this team a whole lot better. But I am very happy to see one of the greatest of all time throw again. I just hope he doesn't go Jordan on us and end his career without being on top just because he is too old to hack it anymore.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    I just hope he doesn't go Jordan on us and end his career without being on top just because he is too old to hack it anymore.
    I don't

AAA ERA
    redsrbetter... I don't think so based on how he pitched last season! However I don't think he will get the Astro's to the playoffs either because the division is better balanced this season. JMO