Thread: non-Clemens story

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Astros non-Clemens story

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/NASApp...=.jsp&c_id=hou

Biggio, asked to address Wells' comments after Sunday's game, kept his answer brief.

"There's nothing to comment on," he said. "I'm not going to get into a shouting match back and forth with somebody that wants to throw your name out for something.

"It makes you a little angry, if someone wants to throw your name under the bus like that. You work hard your whole career and somebody splats something like that out there ... I can splat out a lot of things if I want to. I'll take the high road and move on."

Garner expressed his displeasure toward Wells and his comments.

"It's not right to bring up guys' names who have never been associated with anything like that," Garner said. "There's never been a question about Biggio doing anything [steroid-related]. There's never been a question.
    Wells needs to STFU already...as Garner said Wells has never even been on the same team or anything. How the hell would he know?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    WOW, I had no idea this was even going on. Biggio just simply shows a ton of class by not lashing out on him. I am sure he wants to go nuts on Wells and it may not be a smart thing for Wells to come within 50 ft of Biggio for a while, but he is simply shrugging it off like a man. Wells is really dissapointing me right now. I guess there are going to be plenty of accusations thrown out there by many players for the nest few years.

MLB ERA
    yea, but Wells is probably the last guy to be throwing out shit like that...it's not exactly his area of expertise

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    LOL, you are definitely right on that. Speaking of Wells, didn't he just take one off his knee tonight? I think it was him and if so, he will have more time to talk vs playing baseball. More likely to come...

MLB ERA
    yea, it was him...to be fair, the media goes to clowns like Wells and Schilling because they know those guys can't keep their mouth shut about anything.

I miss David Wells in pinstripes.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    when was he in prison?

When he pitched his perfect game.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    when was he in prison?