Thread: Chris Burke injured...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Chris Burke injured...

Chris Burke suffered a subluxed left shoulder in a collision with the right-field wall during the sixth inning of Saturday's game.
    When Burke dislocated his left shoulder last year, he missed five games. This might be a similar injury. The Astros may send him in for an MRI to make sure there's no labrum damage. If that comes out negative, he could avoid the disabled list. May. 7 - 12:29 am et
    Tough break for the Stros.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Looks like he is on the DL now too:

DENVER -- Chris Burke is headed for the disabled list with a subluxed (dislocated) left shoulder, which he sustained after slamming into the right-field wall during the Astros' loss to the Rockies on Saturday night at Coors Field.
    The Astros will purchase the contract of infielder/outfielder Joe McEwing, who will likely be in uniform for Sunday's finale in Denver, barring possible travel issues.

Burke will fly to Houston on Sunday and will undergo an MRI exam on Monday under the supervision of team medical director Dr. David Lintner.

"In talking to [head athletic trainer Dave Labossiere], it seems even if the MRI is negative, he'll probably miss a significant amount of time," general manager Tim Purpura said. "It makes some sense to get someone here who can help us."

Burke, playing right field for the first time in his Major League career, hit the wall face-first while catching a Garrett Atkins fly ball. He fell to the ground, holding his left shoulder, clearly in a lot of pain. Manager Phil Garner, Labossiere, first baseman Lance Berkman and several relief pitchers ran to the outfield where Burke lay on the ground.

According to Garner, the shoulder popped out but popped back in on its own without any assistance from Labossiere. After a few minutes, Burke stood up on his own, managed to crack a smile, and he walked off the field with Garner and Labossiere. Orlando Palmeiro replaced Burke in right field.

"I knew my shoulder had come out of the socket," Burke said. "I knew it was probably pretty bad. It was the same thing I did last year in September, but this one was a little worse."

Burke missed five games last September when he hurt himself diving for a ball in center field.

McEwing, who was acquired from the Royals on the last day of Spring Training, was hitting .270 (17-for-63) with three doubles, two homers and 10 RBIs for Triple-A Round Rock. Over eight Major League seasons with the Cardinals, Mets and Royals, McEwing owns a .252 average (443-for-1,761).

"He's a team-type player," Purpura said. "He can play all of the infield positions, all of the outfield positions. He's got good versatility and he's a winning-type player.
    http://houston.astros.mlb.com/NASApp...=.jsp&c_id=hou

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Astros

Isn't Chris Burke that Corky dude from "Life Goes On"?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I am hereby renaming the NL Central the DL Central. This is getting ridiculous. Roger, if you're reading this, DO NOT RETURN TO THE ASTROS! You'll wind up needing Tommy John surgery.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    LOL. exactly man. This division is getting ridiculous. I like it, the "DL Central"