Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official Clemens thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They hate the fact that he hasn't decided anything yet. Everyone is tired of the waiting game.
    rf28

AAA ERA
    I think for most fans across the country the answer is WHO CARES! JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    I think for most fans across the country the answer is WHO CARES! JMO

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    File this one under the "Conspiracy Theory" department:

You know, it just wouldn’t be the Internet without Roger Clemens steroids rumors. It’s like they make the place whole.

As Clemens — pictured here, inevitably, with Emmylou Harris — works out to show various teams he’s worth $15 million, the old rumors about him being busted for steroids — whose debunking were memorably chronicled by Sports Illustrated — are popping back up again.

It’s the Jordan Suspended For Gambling Theory this time. From a reader:

Roger Clemens was given a 50 game suspension for steroids. Many interested parties thought it would be best if that information was not released publicly for obvious reasons (P.R. already has their hands full with Barry Bonds.) He says he will decide in three weeks, but his agent says he could decide in 10 days (that’s when Astros have played their 50th game). You’ll see him in the Cardinals series ...
    http://www.deadspin.com/sports/baseb...ent-174998.php

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    interesting...but wouldn't he have been suspended during the season last year if he was caught? would they let him play the year out?

AAA ERA
    If this is true, and I don't know either way, the owners, and Selig should remove themselves from the game for LIFE!!! What a joke this game in becoming.

So this is a secret that is just now coming out? I can't believe it's true but then you mnever know with this bunch of clowns running the show. Kind of reminds me of the Bush administration.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    either way, I don't think we'll ever know, but I still hope Clemens vanishes

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    So what is going on with Clemens since signing?

Garner altered his rotation after the Tigers series so Clemens would skip Texas this weekend and pitch at home tomorrow against the lowly Cubs. With a 2.38 ERA, Clemens is pitching well enough to be 2-0, but it's the same old story in terms of lack of run support. Clemens is 0-2 for the first time in 19 years and only the second time in his 23-year career.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...support_group/

Will he want to go somewhere else now?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    One more time?
    When we asked agent Randy Hendricks to discuss the possibility of Roger Clemens returning to baseball for one more season, he said, ``I don't think I'd even bring up the subject with Roger right now." But this season has shown that Clemens is nowhere near being done. A source close to Clemens said last week, ``Why wouldn't he just do what he did this year? Start pitching around July, but this time make the right choice and pick the Red Sox." Clemens does love the comforts of home, but what if he had to do it over again? ``He would never say it," said the source. ``But he would have chosen Boston, and if [Astros owner] Drayton McLane had done the right thing and traded him to Boston, the Red Sox would be taking the AL East."
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal..._again/?page=4

Lots to talk about here. Clemens to come back yet again? But with the BoSox? This could be a huge topic in the offseason.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    So is this guy done or what? Will he come back? And if he does, will it be with the Stros?

AAA ERA
    and if [Astros owner] Drayton McLane had done the right thing and traded him to Boston, the Red Sox would be taking the AL East."

Astros and a Beer AstrosAnonymous's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    This wouldnt be the year to retire if I was him, Id still go another year with us and hope next year is the year.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    The Astros have been making the playoffs since he came over. I think they no doubt want him back. But didn't his neglect to make a decision really hurt this team in the long run? Or would having to deal with that again be worth it?

I would seriously cut ties with him if I were the Stros and pay for another pitcher that you would have the whole year.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Do you guys think that Clemens will be involved in the Astro organization in some form once he retires? Will he stick around and possibly become a pitching coach?

hmmm...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123