Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Red s0x offer Manny for Beltran

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    He's gonna not run outs ground balls, not hustle after fly balls, and take leaks in the monster more and more

And hit 2 HR's in game 3 of the ALDS

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosox21
    And hit 2 HR's in game 3 of the ALDS
    and still lose...assuming they make the playoffs next year

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    and still lose...assuming they make the playoffs next year

You werent talking about the Red Sox you were talking about Manny.

MLB ERA
    You werent talking about the Red Sox you were talking about Manny.
    The point was he hit those homers and they still lost, so it didn't matter

MLB ERA
    Only Red Sox haters are going to say that Manny is a problem for the Red Sox. Give me a guy who shows up, bats .300, hits 45 jacks, and drives in 130 and I could give two shits about what he does.

MLB ERA
    I'm just saying if he wants out of there, like he's said he does, then he may increase those behaviors if he's unhappy about still being there. Of course he a great baseball player, but he's also a friggin idiot

Rookie ERA
    I wouldnt say he was an idiot, I'd say he's a free spirt. Happy go lucky kinda guy if you will.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Then you better have your memory checked. The was criticized and not getting enough in return. Ask any Red Sox fan

A move like this would only make sense if we also get a guy like Paul Konerko. We scored 910 runs last season and hit 199 HR's. If we get Beltran and Konerko those numbers would be 979 runs and 210 HRs. So production would go up.
    Might have been some fans complaining on AM radio but when do they ever say anything positive. They got plenty in return for Nomar as he did nothing. The Red Sox got something for nothing and they had no right to complain if it did happen.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Might have been some fans complaining on AM radio but when do they ever say anything positive. They got plenty in return for Nomar as he did nothing. The Red Sox got something for nothing and they had no right to complain if it did happen.
    You should stay off that refer cause it's messing with your head. Your looking back at the situtation, thats not what were talking about. It took a few weeks maybe longer to realize he made a good trade. When you get rid of Nomar, for a relatively unkown SS, and a Doug M. (wont try his last name). it looks bad on paper.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    it didn't look bad to me at the time that it happened and it wasn't for a no name either. Don't blame me with smoking too much reefer because I follow baseball and knew who Cabrera was. Nomar was a big name in Boston and could understand they were mad at him leaving but they had no choice. Nomar wasn't happy or healthy and just wasn't the same Nomar they were used to. He was badly mistreated in the offseason and they should have known better. Cabrera was and is a great defender with a nice bat, something they didn't have in Boston at the time. I don't need to stay off any reefer to know that they got something for nothing.

Rookie ERA
    Your right, of course everyone knows everyting looking back at the situation. People knew Nomar had to leave but he was just a great player for this team through out his career. I dont care what you say when you trade a guy who has hit over over 300 pretty much every season, and is loved by the fan bases your going to upset alot of people. Also, for some one who obviously hates the Red Sox you sure do profess to know alot about them.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Who said I hated the Red Sox? I never said that and hate when people ASSUME things like that. Just becuase I have my opinions doesn't make me a hater of any team. Any baseball fan knew it could no longer work for Nomar and he was in the last year of his contract. It was a no brainer in my opinion and again this is not looking back at it. I thought the same way when it happened so don't try and tell me what I thought. And if you cared to read what I wrote, you would know that I understood some fans being pissed but it was for the better. Nomar was not the same player and needed to go. And you're right, I do know about the Red Sox because I follow ALL baseball. It's called being educated

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Scheduled for week 3 is Manny Ramirez for Javier Vazquez, Shawn Green, and a dreidel.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Who said I hated the Red Sox? I never said that and hate when people ASSUME things like that. Just becuase I have my opinions doesn't make me a hater of any team. Any baseball fan knew it could no longer work for Nomar and he was in the last year of his contract. It was a no brainer in my opinion and again this is not looking back at it. I thought the same way when it happened so don't try and tell me what I thought. And if you cared to read what I wrote, you would know that I understood some fans being pissed but it was for the better. Nomar was not the same player and needed to go. And you're right, I do know about the Red Sox because I follow ALL baseball. It's called being educated
    You change like the wind first you started out saying

I don't remember them trashing Theo for finally getting rid of Nomar.
    then
    Might have been some fans complaining on AM radio but when do they ever say anything positive
    Then
    you would know that I understood some fans being pissed
    You change your story with every post. First they fans werent pissed, then a few were then it went to some fans. What you did was shifted the argument from it's orginal topic, fans upset with theo, to how your right about the trade. I dont know why I should care about what you thought about the trade. My statement was fans were upset when they traded Nomar but it turned out for the better, it had nothing to do with the quality of the trade.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yes a few fans does not make up of the whole Red Sox nation. There are always dumbasses out there that complain about everything. My story hasn't changed one bit. A few fans doesn't tell the story. The media wasn't bashing Theo and don't remember fans getting pissed in chat rooms and on other forums especially this one (the old one). Just because a few were complaining on AM radio doesn't mean the fans as a whole were bashing Theo. The fans I talked to were happy and understood why Nomar had to go. There is a huge difference between being upset and trashing Theo because they were upset.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast