Thread: I Need Help PLS!

I Need Help PLS!

I'm new in this sport, I'm from spain but I like the baseball, but the problem is I don't know the competitions, the league, the teams... I need help, tnx! ^^

Rookie ERA

Re: I Need Help PLS!

So, the league that we largely focus on is Major League Baseball. The league contains 30 teams, divided into two leagues. Each league is further divided into three divisions. You can find those divisions and the list of teams here. They play 162 games per season (it's largely an arbitrary number). At the end of those 162 games, the winner of each division and the two next best teams from each league make the playoffs. The two runners up play in a "wild card" game, and then they play a playoff style postseason (first round is best of five games, second round and third round are best of seven games).

There are also "minor leagues," which I would say could be thought of like Segunda, Segunda B, and Tercera division in Spanish football. With one major difference. One team in each "minor league" has a direct affiliation with a major league team. So, imagine if the segunda division was made up entirely of La Liga U-21 teams (players can be promoted from a minor league team to that team's affiliate major league team at any time.

That's largely the format. I'm not sure if you're looking for help picking a team or how to follow a team or anything like that, so feel free to ask.

If you have other questions, I or anyone else will be happy to answer.
    LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLMariners293-517 (.362)0-0000002055-Present
    TBLPhillies559-413 (.575)20-24 (Series Record 2-6)412002013-End
    MSLTigers124-362 (.255)0-0000002052-2054

LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesConference Titles Championship WinsYears as GM
    KBSLNew York Knicks58-24 (.707)9-7 (2-1 series record)00000

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: I Need Help PLS!

There's also this new fangled invention called the internet...you know, that thing we're already on while using this site.