Thread: The Miami Sale

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Marlins The Miami Sale

Angels, Rangers, Red Sox Scouting Josh Johnson: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

With Omar Infante and Annibal Sanchez already moved out of town, the fish seem to have welcomed viewers to the latest Josh Johnson performance.

So, let the speculation begin...

Also, who saw this coming? We all thought Miami after spending big on FA's in the off-season were gonna atleast try a little harder than this, right?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: The Miami Sale

Miami did try but they didn't think they would be this far out before the deadline. I actually think this is the right move. Sanchez was a goner next year anyway and Infante was nothing special. They got back a top 30 prospect, Turner, who will be in the middle of the rotation next year. I actually think this is a better deal than when they traded Miggy Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis. Johnson would bring in a nice haul as well with the Marlins shedding some payroll. This does make the Carlos Lee trade seem redundant but maybe they can flip him now. I don't see a full scale fire sale but do see them loading up on talent for next year.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I think the Detroit trade will be a win for both teams. Look at the write-up KoZ posted from Mr. Law.

I doubt it will be a full scale sell off like you said. They've got some great pieces already in good contracts that would be crazy for them to move.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Hanley and Choate are now gone, freeing up a lot of cash for the Marlins. Johnson could be next! This won't be the typical Marlins fire sale. The are freeing up a lot of money but now they will be re-spending it instead of pocketing it. They are getting some good talent in return so they are retooling instead of rebuilding. They will be big players in free agency again and help build around Reyes, Stanton, Buehrle and of course Heath Bell

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

They should send Bell back to San Diego. For a pizza and a six pack of beer.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    They should send Bell back to San Diego. For a pizza and a six pack of beer.
    as long as it's not on the same flight as bell, it should make it there just fine....