Thread: Rockies, Royals swap Guthrie, Sanchez

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

MLB Rockies, Royals swap Guthrie, Sanchez

The Rockies and Royals have agreed to a trade that will send left-hander Jonathan Sanchez to Colorado for right-hander Jeremy Guthrie, Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports reports (on Twitter). Both players have struggled in 2012 and are on track to hit free agency after the season.

Sanchez was recently designated for assignment following a short and disappointing stint in Kansas City. The Royals acquired him in an ill-fated offseason trade that sent Melky Cabrera to San Francisco. Sanchez posted a 7.76 ERA with 6.1 K/9 and 7.4 BB/9 in 53 1/3 innings for Kansas City, averaging less than 4.5 innings per start. He earns $5.6MM this year and will likely be in line for an incentive-based or minor league deal as a free agent unless he restores his value in hitter-friendly Coors Field.

Guthrie, 33, posted a 6.35 ERA with 4.5 K/9 and 3.1 BB/9 in Colorado. He allowed a league-leading 21 home runs in 90 2/3 innings. He earns $8.2MM this year.
    Pretty even swap here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Rockies, Royals swap Guthrie, Sanchez

Fairly solid guy Guthrie was until his trip to Coors. Hammels had been doing great until recently for Baltimore. Both teams cut ties on hugely lopsided deals that were not in their favor. If neither show signs of recovery, could be the last we ever really hear of either in the Bigs. Do you know what Sanchez' track record is at Coors, when he pitched for the Giants, reefer?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I don't remember anything out of the ordinary when Sanchez pitched at Coors. Sanchez has been his own worst enemy where ever he pitched.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Jonathan Sanchez pitching in Coors Field is going to be hilarious. But then again, Jason Marquis was a fucking All Star in his lone season there, and freaking Josh Fogg started and won a game in the NLCS, so who the fuck knows.