Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dbacks, Hernandez agree to extension

MLB ERA

Re: Dbacks, Hernandez agree to extension

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Notice how you only chose one part of the argument and missed the rest?
    Notice how it was one half of the centerpiece of your argument that I focused on?

Would you call a player who hit 42 HRs, 109 RBIs, .543 slugging worthless and somebody the team is better off without if he didn't strike out a lot?

I mean, I guess you never really called him worthless, but I'm simply answering your initial question. THATis what he never recovered from (to get back to)

You didn't flat out call him worthless, but you pretty much implied it by scoffing at the notion that there was something for him to get back to.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Notice how it was one half of the centerpiece of your argument that I focused on?

Would you call a player who hit 42 HRs, 109 RBIs, .543 slugging worthless and somebody the team is better off without if he didn't strike out a lot?

I mean, I guess you never really called him worthless, but I'm simply answering your initial question. THATis what he never recovered from (to get back to)

You didn't flat out call him worthless, but you pretty much implied it by scoffing at the notion that there was something for him to get back to.
    I did notice that and pointed out your flaw repeatedly now

I never called anyone worthless but to answer your question, no I wouldn't. The Dbacks problem offensively was they had too many strikeouts as a team. They got rid of Reynolds and LaRoche and the offense had more productivity. Plus Reynolds was a terrible 3B so they got better defensively as well. If the player in question had half the strikeouts Reynolds had which would be 100, he would be much more productive.

"I mean, I guess you never really called him worthless
    " Keep saying that over and over!! I still don't see what he had to recover from after being traded. I'll make my final point again and for the last time. Mark Reynolds was a strikeout artist, a terrible 3B and the Dbacks were better off with the haul they got for getting rid of him.

I implied that Reynolds was not that good of a player and the Dbacks were better off with what they got for him. That's the only implication you should have taken from it. Looks like you had an agenda and didn't actually read what was written.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Right. Producing 2 outs in one at bat is always more productive than a strikeout because every once in awhile a runner from third base can score
    Did I say always? NOPE!! You are having real trouble actually reading and quoting what I say

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I make one minor comment and the David Hernandez extension thread passes 3 pages. Eggsellent.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I thought I made a simple observation too but guess not. I still don't know what you meant by "recovered".

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The extension is worth $3.5 million. Great deal!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123