Thread: What are SOME of the teams are looking for?

Rookie ERA

What are SOME of the teams are looking for?

What are some of the teams looking for?

Here is the trading break down:

New York Mets
    Mets starter Tom Glavine is open-minded about a trade. The Massachusetts native would clearly accept a deal to Boston, and mentioned he enjoyed pitching in St. Louis , Wrigley Field, and added he thinks he could pitch in the AL. Mike Piazza could be gone along with Doug Miechawicz. The Mets are going to be buyers not sellers, and they will be trying to get Alfonso Soriano who is 2B on the Texas Rangers.

Florida Marlins
    The proposed deal that would send pitcher A.J. Burnett to Baltimore is hitting a snag because the Marlins want to ship away third baseman Mike Lowell and the Orioles are relucntant to take on much of $21 million Lowell is owed until 2007. If the issue isn't resolved, it's possible Lowell might remain with the Marlins and suitors for Burnett could grow to include the Toronto Blue Jays, Boston Red Sox and Chicago White Sox.

Toronto Blue Jays
    The Texas Rangers, after being told Jays OF Vernon Wells was not available, are showing interest in Frank Catalanotto, although the Jays think more of Catalanotto's worth than the Rangers do.

Baltimore Orioles
    The Orioles are reticent about taking Mike Lowell as part of any A.J. Burnett trade unless one of two things happens: The Marlins can take back right-hander Sidney Ponson, who is due $10 million in 2006, the final season of a three-year, $22.5 million deal. Or they can pick up a significant portion of Lowell's remaining contract. Lowell is signed through 2007 and owed about $21 million, including this season. If the deal falls through, The Orioles might looks for a cheaper alternative like Jeff Weaver of the Dodgers.

Minnesota Twins
    The Twins are struggling to trade for offense because players clubs are seeking pitchers Jesse Crain, Francisco Liriano and Scott Baker are prospects the Twins consider virtually untouchable. Cincinnati offered third baseman Joe Randa for Baker, and the Twins declined.

Texas Rangers
    The tenure of 2B Alfonso Soriano is Texas may be coming to an end. Soriano wants to stay, but the Rangers need pitching to remain playoff contenders and want to cling to their top minor league prospects, Soriano is likely their best trade chip.

Los Angeles Angels
    The Angels are looking for some pitching help and have target Pittsburgh's Kip Wells and San Francisco's Brett Tomko. Los Angeles make also take a run at Kevin Millwood if the Indians fade from playoff contention.

Cincinnati Reds
    The Reds were recently asked by Baltimore about slugger Adam Dunn, and replied that their price started with Baltimore pitcher Erik Bedard.

Tampa Bay Devil Rays
    The Rays could have interest in one or both veteran relievers who were just designated for assignment, Boston left-hander Alan Embree and White Sox right-hander Shingo Takatsu.

Boston Red Sox
    The Red Sox have called the Twins, possibly about lefthander J.C. Romero, and Boston might be willing to deal veteran 3B Bill Mueller to the hitting-hungry Twins.

Washington Nationals
    The Nationals continue to work on a deal for Devil Rays that might include closer Danys Baez, but the team also wants Tampa Bay infielder Julio Lugo.

New York Yankees
    The Yankees would welcome a proven starting CF like Florida's Juan Pierre or Seattle's Randy Winn, but with their reluctance to trade prospects, a more realistic acquisition could be a lesser outfielder like Colorado's Eric Byrnes or Philadelphia's Endy Chavez.

Philadelphia Phillies
    Closer Billy Wagner knows he'll probably be the first to go if the Phillies dump salary before the July 31 trade deadline, and he's heard the Boston Red Sox are hot on his trail, but he does not believe any deals will take place.

Pittsburgh Pirates
    Despite several rumors to the contrary. The Pirates were never seriously involved in three-way trade talks with Baltimore and Florida about a deal that would have brought Mike Lowell to Pittsburgh and sent Mark Redman to the Marlins.

San Diego Padres
    As the play the Padres, the Mets will be taking a good look at San Diego catcher Ramon Hernandez. Hernandez appears likely to become a free agent this winter, when the Mets figure to pursue him as Mike Piazza's successor.

Chicago White Sox
    The chronic back problems of Dustin Hermanson have White Sox weighing closer options both inside and outside the organization. Of the closers who might be available, the Sox are more intrigued by Toronto's Miguel Batista.

Houston Astros
    The Astros could work on thier offense with thier rotation. The problem is is it enough to risk it. The Astros keep thinking on trading Roger Clemens, and they might get something big from the Yankees. They also think on trading Andy Pettitte, but Pettitte has to be with the team in the future. The Stros' also think on trading sluggers Jeff Bagwell, but he's got nothing anymore. All the Astros are looking for is a power hitting Left Fielder or a Right Fielder. Mike Cameron, Cliff Floyd, and Adam Dunn are always possibilities.

Seattle Mariners
    The Mariners will not be big traders at the deadline this July, but they will ship one outfielder out. Randy Winn could be on his way to the Yankees or maybe one of the Soxs. Also, Eddie Guardado does not want to leave Seattle this year, or for a while. The 34 year old reliever said quote "I've talked with Kevin Kohler a couple of times in the last couple of days, and those are the teams whose names keep coming up, but I don't know if there's anything to it. Guardado can't be traded to any team without his decision. So if anything, the Mariners will be buyers not sellers.

MLB ERA
    What are some of the teams looking for this July???
    San Diego Padres
    As the play the Padres, the Mets will be taking a good look at San Diego catcher Ramon Hernandez. Hernandez appears likely to become a free agent this winter, when the Mets figure to pursue him as Mike Piazza's successor.
    I hate to be a stickler for technicalities, but that's not "This July"
    I don't forsee the Padres trading Ramon Hernandez while they're still in 1st place.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Rookie ERA
    OOOPS...Sorry. I'm changing it, and taking away July.

MLB ERA
    this isn't the 1st i heard the Whote Sox interested in Miguel Batista
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Rookie ERA
    You left off my 'Stros!

Rookie ERA
    Sorry, I'll put it on right now.

Rookie ERA
    If I forgot your team you can tell me, and I'll write it for you.

Rookie ERA
    I added 2 teams.

AA ERA
    Write something on the Cubs and Rockies and Royals por favor. I still don't get the Rangers giving up Sori. They aren't gonna get great value and they are breaking up a very good thing.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    No Bravos?